Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Series: Washington Miniatures





I am enjoying working on some smaller panels at the moment; these are 9x12 oil paintings. The subject is direct from my birdfeeder; these are two of the feathered beasties who are currently eating me out of house and home. The first is an Oregon Junco, the second is a Black-Capped Chickadee.

This is a fun format; the small scale works with the images. I am planning on working on more 9x12 landscapes as well (see "Crescent Lake" in a previous post,) and hanging them together as a mini-installation, alternating landscapes and birds.

It is almost like a sketchbook in oils; these are images I want to capture quickly as I explore and navigate my new home.

Any of these are available for $200. Happy painting, hiking, and birding!
Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love them. And you know how much I love smaller paintings. And how much I love your large paintings. We are visited daily by some of the most beautiful backyard birds. The kids and I sit with the bird book and try to identify them before they fly away. Thanks again for sharing your gifts with us.