Monday, January 11, 2010

Murder Complete




The murder is complete! This is the piece I started 3 weeks ago; I had to tone down the value shifts a bit to pull it off but, in the end, it has the subtle shimmering light of the Sound I was after.

Please note: the first image here is my underpainting which, as we remember, looked like a poorly formed pterodactyl. The final image here shows you the birds in detail with a little more finesse.

The title is "Murder in Progress." It is an oil on canvas, 30x40", selling unframed for $995.

If you look close you will notice that the birds are not reflected in the water; this is because the birds are spiritual entities. Ravens are very powerful symbols. In this case, to me, they represent ethereal transition.

Dawn

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I need to know more about the idea of murder, were the birds murdering the fish, or is there more to the story?