Monday, October 20, 2008

More Water



This is a new watercolor, titled at least for now "December, Eagle County." I started this piece as a demo painting for my watercolor class at the Western Colorado Center for the Arts--amazingly enough I did not completely destroy the painting as I usually do with demo pieces! It is 19x25 on 300# Canson 100, my favorite heavier weight watercolor paper. (It has a great dual surface--rough and smooth, is slightly smaller than most full sheets, and is not terribly expensive.) There was sheer joy in painting this piece. Some of them are just like that.

My main body of work right now continues to be the monochromatic full sized pastels but this is a nice side work; I will always be fascinated with running moving water whether or not it is part of my current series.

Dawn

No comments: