Monday, September 17, 2007

Autumn in the Studio



"These Bleaching Bones"
oil on canvas
24"x48"


This piece is almost finished; I'm going to go back in with a few glazes and tweak the light just a bit. (Official Artspeak: "Light Tweaking.") I've been working on several large oils, but also spending quite a bit of time on the business side of things this month. I'm in several upcoming shows, which involves working on art presentation (I do most of my own framing) as well as meetings and meetings and then, just to shake things up, a few more meetings. Ah well, it gets the artwork out there in the end and that's all for the good. I'm also teaching at Mesa State again this fall, a watercolor class this time, and teaching some smaller classes on the side. We've got a pastel class and an oil class lined up for the next few months; will probably do drawing in the spring. The students keep me on my toes and I feed off of their youthful artistic motivations. Lots of great art energy building up; I'm excited about the upcoming shows and classes and excited about the images currently piling up in my brain. The old sketchbook has once again become a log of what I want to do when I'm back in the studio. So enjoy this sole image for now and expect more soon! Dawn

No comments: